"The whole purpose of playing live is to blow people's
heads off," says Manowar bassist Joey DeMaio. "That's what
we do; that's the energy of this band. We're out there to
kick ass. We're out there to turn our gear on and blast.
We're out there to kill. That's what metal is. Anybody who
says otherwise is not playing heavy metal. We will melt
your face!" With the double live CD, "Hell On Stage Live,"
Manowar's first album for Metal Blade, the band proves that
the demise of metal has been greatly exaggerated.
In fact it's alive and More...
Submit Manowar New Lyrics
- Achilles, Agony and Ecstasy Lyrics
- Achilles, Agony, And Ecstasy (In Eight Parts) Lyrics
- All men play on 10 Lyrics
- All Men Play On Ten Lyrics
- An American trilogy Lyrics
- Animals Lyrics
- Annihilation Lyrics
- Apa (Father - Hungarian Version) Lyrics
- Army of Immortals Lyrics
- Army Of The Dead, Part I Lyrics
- Army Of The Dead, Part Ii Lyrics
- Army Of The Immortals Lyrics
- Baba (Father - Turkish Version) Lyrics
- Battle Hymn Lyrics
- Battle Hymns Lyrics
- Black Arrows Lyrics
- Black List Lyrics
- Black wind, fire and steel Lyrics
- Blood Brothers Lyrics
- Blood Of My Enemies Lyrics
- Blood Of The Kings Lyrics
- Blow your speakers Lyrics
- Born In A Grave Lyrics
- Bridge of Death Lyrics
- Brothers of Metal Lyrics
- Brothers Of Metal Pt.1 Lyrics
- Burning Lyrics
- Call to arms Lyrics
- Carry on Lyrics
- Courage Lyrics
- Courage French Lyrics
- Dark Avenger Lyrics
- Death Tone Lyrics
- Death Tone (Live) Lyrics
- Defender Lyrics
- Die For Metal Lyrics
- Die With Honor Lyrics
- Drums of Doom Lyrics
- Each dawn I die Lyrics
- El Gringo Lyrics
- Expendable Lyrics
- Far (Father - Norwegian Version) Lyrics
- Fast Taker Lyrics
- Fast Taker (Live) Lyrics
- Father Lyrics
- Fight For Freedom Lyrics
- Fight until we die Lyrics
- Fighting the world Lyrics
- Gates of Valhalla Lyrics
- Glory Majesty Unity Lyrics
- Gloves of Metal Lyrics
- God Or Man Lyrics
- Gods Of War Lyrics
- Gods Of War (Immortal Version) Lyrics
- Guyana Lyrics
- Guyana (Cult Of The Damned) Lyrics
- Hail and Kill Lyrics
- Hail to England Lyrics
- Hail, Kill And Die Lyrics
- Hand of doom Lyrics
- Hatred Lyrics
- Heart of steel Lyrics
- Herz Aus Stahl Lyrics
- Holy war Lyrics
- House of death Lyrics
- Hymn Of The Immortal Warriors Lyrics
- I Believe Lyrics
- Isä (Father - Finnish Version) Lyrics
- Kill with power Lyrics
- King Lyrics
- King Of Kings Lyrics
- King Of Kings (Live Version) Lyrics
- Kingdom come Lyrics
- Kings of Metal Lyrics
- Let The Gods Decide Lyrics
- Loki God Of Fire Lyrics
- Manowar Lyrics
- Manowarriors Lyrics
- March for revenge Lyrics
- March For Revenge (By The Soldiers Of Death) Lyrics
- Master of revenge Lyrics
- Master Of the Wind Lyrics
- Metal Daze Lyrics
- Metal warriors Lyrics
- Metal Warriors (Brothers Of Metal Part Two) Lyrics
- Metal Warriors (Brothers Of Metal Pt. I) Lyrics
- Mon Père (Father - French Version) Lyrics
- Mountains Lyrics
- My spirit lives on Lyrics
- Nessun dorma Lyrics
- Nessun Dorna Lyrics
- Number 1 Lyrics
- Odin Lyrics
- Ojciec (Father - Polish Version) Lyrics
- Otac (Father - Croatian Version) Lyrics
- Outlaw Lyrics
- Padre (Father - Italian Version) Lyrics
- Padre (Father - Spanish Version) Lyrics
- Pai (Father - Portuguese Version) Lyrics
- Piano Interlude Lyrics
- Pleasure slave Lyrics
- Return of the Warlord Lyrics
- Revelation Lyrics
- Revelation (Death's Angel) Lyrics
- Ride the dragon Lyrics
- Righteous Glory Lyrics
- Secret of Steel Lyrics
- Shell Shock Lyrics
- Sign of the hammer Lyrics
- Sleipnir Lyrics
- Spirit Horse Of The Cherokee Lyrics
- Sting of the Bumblebee Lyrics
- Swords in the wind Lyrics
- Tatko (Father - Bulgarian Version) Lyrics
- Tată (Father - Romanian Version) Lyrics
- The Ascencion Lyrics
- The Ascension Lyrics
- The Ascension (Live Version) Lyrics
- The blood of my enemies Lyrics
- The Blood Of Odin Lyrics
- The blood of the kings Lyrics
- The crown and the ring Lyrics
- The Crown And The Ring (Lament Of The Kings) Lyrics
- The Crown And The Ring (Lament Of The Kings) (Metal Version) Lyrics
- The Dawn Of Battle Lyrics
- The demon's whip Lyrics
- The fight for freedom Lyrics
- The Gods Made Heavy-Metal Lyrics
- The gods made Heavy Metal Lyrics
- The Kingdom Of Steel Lyrics
- The Last Winged Unicorn Lyrics
- The Lord Of Steel Lyrics
- The master of the wind Lyrics
- The oath Lyrics
- The Power Lyrics
- The power of thy sword Lyrics
- The Sons Of Odin Lyrics
- The Sons Of Odin (Immortal Version) Lyrics
- The spirit horse of the cherokee Lyrics
- The Warriors Prayer Lyrics
- Thor Lyrics
- Thor (The Powerhead) Lyrics
- Thunder In The Sky Lyrics
- Thunderpick Lyrics
- Today is a good day to die Lyrics
- Touch The Sky Lyrics
- Valhalla Lyrics
- Vater (Father - German Version) Lyrics
- Violence And Bloodshed Lyrics
- Violence and bloodsheed Lyrics
- Warlord Lyrics
- Warriors of the World Lyrics
- Warriors of the world united Lyrics
- Warriors Of The World (United) Lyrics
- Warriors prayer Lyrics
- Wheels of fire Lyrics
- William's Tale Lyrics
- Πατερα (Father - Greek Version) Lyrics
- 父 (Father - Japanese Version) Lyrics
Submit Manowar New Lyrics
Review about Manowar songs
Manowar rule | Reviewer: Stormbringer------ About the song Battle Hymn performed by Manowar
Manowar are the best. Battle Hymns is such a great song, and the album is simply amazing. The unique voice of Eric Adams, the wicked guitar playing of Ross the Boss, and the great tunes that he and Joey came up with made their first 6 albums legendary.
\m/ >.< \m/ | Reviewer: N0rd1cR0n1n------ About the song Warriors of the World performed by Manowar
WOW! While some may say the song is simple, I don't care. I love it. I was thumbing through songs to put on my mp3 player, and Manowar was suggested to me awhile back. I remembered to get their music when I heard it for the first time yesterday while watching the video to the song. I can't believe I had been missing this all along. I'm a devout follower of the Norse pantheon, and holy crap! The lyrics are awesome! I enjoy this song.
Awesome | Reviewer: Nordurr------ About the song King Of Kings performed by Manowar
I have been a Man-o-War fan for quite a couple of years, and it never gets old. King of Kings has such an epic beat. Its easy to enjoy and its usually one of the songs that I use to get people to start listening proper Metal. It is in my eyes a monumental tribute to all things Metal. Hail Man-o-War!
Intro | Reviewer: Masher.------ About the song Warriors of the World performed by Manowar
That intro gets me every time, especially when the bass starts after the initial drumming. Powerful and leaves you in no doubt what you're going to get on the rest of the song. Awesome
Manowar - music for men by men | Reviewer: Angel G.------ About the song Fight until we die performed by Manowar
The feel is like when read sagas, left from the time of ancient Greece, Rome, Vikings,etc. Stories for soldiers as they were (strong, cruel and brave) and supernatural forces (Gods, magic, etc.). The songs describe the ancient warriors. The music is heroic and powerful.
Emotionel | Reviewer: MILOB------ About the song Warriors of the World performed by Manowar
When you are in a warzone surronded by rebels and there 4-5.000 soldiers from 3 continents and 20 nations just waiting for them this song gives you the shivers.
It is a powerful song!
Songs are just songs | Reviewer: odin 2000------ About the song The blood of the kings performed by Manowar
Despite the things I wrote about the possible Nazi meaning or symbolism, Manowar do not necessarily be of the extreme right-wing side. I'm not sure if they know a lot about history, but the Nazi ideology, targets and deeds are very well known so that I think they know enough about that to write that song. And it is not a big effort to inform yourself before writing.
BUT- it is just a song! I don't know why people are so afraid of art when it leaves the political or ethical mainstream.
It's just art and not reality. As the famous French Chanson singer Michel Sardou said: "Ce ne sont que des chansons" - they are only songs!
The famous writer Oscar Wilde wrote in the preface of his novel "The Picture of Dorian Gray" that vice and virtue are the material of the artist and that there would be only books which are well or badly written, not moral or immoral ones. And this, I mean, is the essence of the artist's liberty.
And the song is a good one, even a very good one! So listen to it, interpret it as you want and nothing else!
Glorydays? | Reviewer: Swede------ About the song The blood of the kings performed by Manowar
First, Sweden were never invaded by nazi-Germany, they only used the railroads to get to Norway.
Second, the line "back to the glory of Germany" could have multiple meanings, but why put it "BACK to the glory"? That indicates that they mean a glory they ones had, like their "glorydays", but lost. So....when were Germany as strongest and had most landgain in history? Quite obvious to me....
Metal on Ideals of Democracy | Reviewer: Andre` Pietroschek------ About the song Fight For Freedom performed by Manowar
One of the best song-lyrics from Man'O'War when it comes to ideals which are compatible with the modern democracies we (have to) live in. A subtle call to embody a spirit which resists submission and lethargy, too. Besides that, a fine song to hear on occasion. My opinion at least!
There could be a nazi meaning in this song although | Reviewer: odin 2000------ About the song The blood of the kings performed by Manowar
The sign of the hammer's our guide- Whoever has seen the album cover of The Sign of The Hammer, should admit that the colours- red, white and black- and their use are the same way as on the German swastika flag. Together with "Hail (to England)" it goes into a certain Nazi way because of the similarity with "Sieg Heil". England has been designated as Germany's "brother people" by the Nazis.
"On a crusade the world we bring" the (second) world war?
The list of the countries which should be united:
"Our ARMIES in England... could refer to a conquest of those countries by the German army, not necessarily to the fans there...
"Our BROTHERS in Belgium, Holland and France"
could mean the collaborationists with the Nazis in those countries invaded by the German Wehrmacht.
"Denmark, Sweden, Norway"- countries invaded by Germany
"Finland and Italy" two nations which were allied with Germany in the Second World War- why are they named together one after the other? (Italy has nothing to do with Scandinavia)
"Austria back to the glory of Germany" Everyone knows that Hitler reunited Germany and Austria.
These countries are just those Germany invaded wanted to invade or was allied with in the Second world war.
The only two countries which do not fit directly are Switzerland and Ireland, but this could be used to mask the real meaning or it is a suggestion what countrise still could miss in this united Europe.
And there is a mainly Germanic (Aryan?) population in all those countries...
"Death to the false ones" an intention of killing all people who are not the "real ones" - could refer to the Holocaust and so on...
On our MARCH FOR REVENGE- the revenge idea of the German nationalists because of the Treaty of Versailles?
Fight the HOLY WAR for THE CROWN AND THE RING
Six magic circles are made by the BLOOD OF THE KINGS
The idea of Sauron in Lord of the Rings. This book has been inspired by the First World War when the ambition of Germany was to take over the hegemony in Europe, the same way as Hitler 20 years after.
Conclusion: the song seems to be influenced and inspired by the German ambitions and deeds during the Nazi period.
This should not mean that Manowar are Nazis, but it seems that they are flirting with those ideas like other bands flirt with Satansim and so on.
You could review Manowar in Biography page
You could review Manowar album by visiting Album page
You could review Manowar song by clicking the song which you like
Recommend the artist to your friends.