Ashton Allen Biography
It’s been a busy year for Livewire Recordings artist Ashton Allen. In September 2005 the Jacksonville, Florida native released his recording debut Dewdrops. Subsequently he toured non-stop for nearly 10 months.
In that time:
• Barnes and Noble selected Dewdrops for their “Discover New Artists” program
• “Prodigal Son” from Dewdrops was featured on ABC’s new hit TV show “What About Brian”
• Dewdrops became a Top 25 CD at non-commercial Triple A radio
• XM Radio chose Allen for a coveted Loft Sessions performance that played throughout the month of July 2006
• Allen opened for Duncan Sheik, Robin Ella and Jackie Greene
• Played over 200 shows nationwide
• Performed on air for countless radio stations
• Showcased at the CMJ Music Marathon, Atlantis Music Conference and NACA Conference
• Has been featured in FRETS Magazine, Performing Songwriter, Performer Magazine, Spin.com’s “Artist Of The Day”, and most recently Guitar World Acoustic.
That might not seem like a heroic feat, but given that prior to this he was “just” the bass player in his previous band, getting up and being the frontman was quite the adjustment. Shy by nature, Allen struggled with the spotlight at first. With over 200 shows under his belt, Allen has blossomed into an impressive and engaging performer, building a loyal following wherever he plays.
This next phase of his solo career finds him, for the first time, with a backing band to once again hit the road to promote “Pretty Pink Rose,” the second single from Dewdrops. The Ashton Allen touring band is a gathering of Southeastern pros starting with Bret Hartley “guitarist for hire.” Hartley was the original guitarist for Sugarland and a co-writer on their #1 single “Baby Girl” as well as their current single “Down in Mississippi.” Next up is Dave Kazyk on bass. Kazyk was a member of Wellville, best remembered for their song “Goodbye” featured prominently in the first episode of “Dawson’s Creek.” Wellville’s songs were also included in episodes of “Party of Five,” “Grosse Pointe” and the feature film “Purpose.” Behind the drum kit is Micah Berry. Berry is a multi-instrumentalist who spends a great deal of his time as a recording engineer and a performing singer/songwriter.
“Pretty Pink Rose” will be going for adds at Triple A Radio on July 31st and the band will kick off their tour on August 17th in Jacksonville, FL. The tour will take the band through Florida, Georgia, North and South Carolina, Alabama, through the Northeast and Midwest, wrapping up in Mid October.
Please click here to submit the latest Ashton Allen biography
The following area is only for review,
Recommend the artist to your friends.